This was originally one of those Facebook memes which did the rounds. You’re supposed to write 25 things about yourself, tag 25 people (so that they can write 25 things about themselves) and then post it. And the interminable chain of diarrhoea goes on and on.
This is my post:
Once you’ve been tagged, you are supposed to write a note with 25 random things, facts, habits or goals about you. At the end, choose 25 people to be tagged. You have to tag the person who tagged you. If I tagged you, it’s because I want to know more about you.
To do this, go to “notes” under tabs on your profile page, paste these instructions in the body of the note, type your 25 random things, tag 25 people (in the right hand corner of the app), then click publish.
1. I haven’t filled one of these litte thingies out since the first flush of excitement at having the internet and email in my own home (it was dial-up back in those days).
2.So I have no idea why I’m filling this one out now.
3.And I’ll probably struggle to think of 25 things which are interesting enough, or at least not too embarrassing, to put up here.
4.So again, I have no idea why filling this one out, only I have a different reason now.
5. I have thought of something not too embarrassing, although it may not be very interesting.
6. While I was the goalkeeper for the school U16 hockey team, we lost a match 11-2.
7. That was the last match of hockey I ever played for the school.
8. I’m not particularly fond of hockey anymore.
9. I’m running out of things to put down here.
10. So far, out of ten items on this list, I have probably only given you one actual fact from my life. That’s quite an achievement isn’t it?
11. I am not very good at typing and thinking at the same time. That will probably explain the spelling mistakes in any of my emails or messages.
12. I have an irrational fear of foreigners – this makes me literally xenophobic.
13. I am an accomplished liar (see 12, above).
14. I really am struggling to find anything else to write, and I don’t think I know 25 people who will want to read this nonsense. Oooh, does that count as 2?
15. That doesn’t count as 2, no.
16.I am a lazy creature by nature, so any housework which I do should be recognised as an enormous triumph.
17. I’m going to have to stop making up silly stuff to fill out the rest of this list.
18.It is one of my goals to stop making up silly stuff to fill out the rest of this list.
19. I’m really not sure that number 18 on this list is a realistic goal.
20. I was born in Dudley, which is a good thing as it was close to where my mum was at the time.
21. I have nearly finished this list, and most of you will know no more about me than when you began reading.
22.I have been randomly leaving a space between the numbers on this list and the beginning of the sentence. And none of you noticed did you?
23.I have no words of wisdom for anyone. Ever. So don’t ask.
24. I dislike musicals.
25. I especially dislike musicals about Nuns.
Writing a blog for a newbie isn’t an easy thing to do. That great expanse of white screen which has to be filled with words. What do I write about? Why am I even writing at all? Will anyone else be interested in what I choose to write? These are just a few of the questions facing me as I cut yet another facet into my online existence.
The first reason I wanted to start a blog was to expand upon my twitter feeds (you can follow me at Mr_andy_fereday). I’m a relatively new member of that micro blogging site and while it’s useful for one or two lines of text, anything more than that doesn’t work. I have blogged for a while at Landscape Juice Network, but that started getting too industry-orientated and I’ve not been there for a few years now. I’m full of cold and limited to my bed at the moment, so a blog seemed like a good idea to keep me from interminable boredom.
I suppose on twitter I’ve been trying to focus on some of the interesting aspects of beginning a life in antique collecting and dealing. It’s a relatively new development for me, and I’m definitely still finding my feet in the market. So that’s going to form some of the content of my blog posts in the future. As for the rest of the content? Probably whimsical musings on aspects of modern life, rants about minor trifling hiccups and anything else which springs to mind. I will try to maintain a relatively high standard of writing, but this of course depends on the quantity of wine which has been consumed.
Please feel free to comment on anything you see here, and advice on blogging is always welcome.